QUANTUM I Homework
- Homework #1 due Friday, Sept. 11, AM
- Homework #2 due Friday, Sept. 18, AM
- Homework #3 due Friday, Sept. 25, AM
- Homework #4 due Wednesday, Sept. 30
- Homework #5 due Friday, Oct. 9, AM
- Homework #6 due Friday, Oct. 16, AM (note no class)
- Homework #7 due Friday, Oct. 23, AM (note no class), Cohen-Tannoudji, #2.9 (expectation values in energy eigenstates) and #2.10 (expectation values of XP and PX).
- Please complete the Midsemester course evaluation and return by e-mail. I regret it will not be anonymous but please understand that I truly welcome all comments.
- Homework #8 due Friday, Oct. 30, AM, Cohen-Tannoudji #3.5 (particle subject to constant force), reflection delay
- Homework #9 due Friday, Nov. 6, Cohen-Tannoudji, #1.5 (two delta functions). Note: this problem is long. You can solve it most efficiently if you use a transmission matrix. You might also want to look over problems #1.2 and 1.3.
- Homework #10 due Tuesday, Nov. 24, Cohen-Tannoudji #5.2 (anisotropic 3D oscillator) and #5.6 (charged oscillator in variable field, long)
- Homework #11 due Friday, Dec. 4 AM, Harmonic oscillator in thermal equilibrium, zero-point motion of a harmonic chain.
- Homework #12, due Friday, Dec. 11, AM, Cohen-Tannoudji, problems #6.2 (observables in angular momentum superposition states), 6.6 (electric quadrupole hamiltonian), 7.2 (3D harmonic oscillator in magnetic field).
- Please fill out the Faculty Course Evaluation using the link that you received by e-mail.
- Exam #1, Friday, Oct. 2, take-home to be solved in any 2-hour interval of your choice (sample exam: 2019 AM, (solution), 2019 PM, solution))
- Exam #2, Wednesday, Nov. 11, take-home to be solved in any 2-hour interval of your choice (sample exam: 2019, (solution))
- Sample History Problems Problems, Solutions
- Final Exam, Monday, Dec. 14 1-4pm (to be solved in any 3-hour period Dec. 14-16), (sample exam: 2019, (solution))